Recipes

Translate

Friday 14 July 2017

What a Waste of Time!

   I have just spent the last two hours waiting for Windows to load some updates (two hours!) only to find all my favourites have gone the way of the dodo! I will gradually reload them as I need them but, really, what a nuisance!

   Everything else seems to be working - when I installed Windows 10 I lost my printer connection - but my new printer is still online. I'm afraid I am not very tech savvy. I have held off getting a cell phone or tablet although I think I might be ready to take the plunge if I see a good deal. Sometime I feel I am the only person on the planet that still uses a landline exclusively!

   A nice, busy day today - out early for three sets of tennis spread over 2 hours, then home to watch the Federer/ Berdych match which Federer won in three straight sets. Marin Cilic won the other semi-final. Tomorrow is the Women's final and the Men's on Sunday.  That will fill in my weekend nicely. 

    This afternoon Anne had the "girls" over for afternoon tea so I had an early light lunch. There were 6 of us and she served finger sandwiches, luscious strawberries and melon and a delicious almond torte - and, of course, lots of cups of tea in delicate china! We had a really good gossip. Then we had a tour of her garden which is beautifully landscaped but looks like a lot of work! 

   After all these treats I didn't feel like a big meal so defrosted some shrimp and did a stir fry. It was very tasty. Another bowl of raspberries from the garden for dessert. Now a quiet night in front of the TV.

2 comments:

  1. I truly despise Windows 10, even wrote a post about it. We were talked into downloading it by a tech person. It did away with a bunch of stuff on our computer, too. It doesn't play nicely with things we were able to do, like saving things to the desktop. I actually bought a laptop for myself so that I could put pictures in my blog. I absolutely can't do it on my regular home computer.
    The get together at your friend's sounds great. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I regret loading it too. Maybe that's why I can't post photos here although I think that started some time after I got Windows 10.

    ReplyDelete