Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 4 July 2017

Still Scratching

   Sunny and warm today so I had a swim before lunch - very refreshing! Tried to play tennis this morning but my wrist is toast! I could barely get my serve over the net. Luckily I am "on the board" on Friday so won't have to play. Watched Wimbledon this morning - one Canadian through but the others are gone.

    My ant bites are itching like crazy (only a couple of them) so I am not a happy camper. On the plus side, I managed another batch of strawberry jam today and prepped the rest of the berries for the freezer. I kept out a few for desserts today and tomorrow. Unfortunately, a few were too ripe when picked and had gone so mushy they had to go in the composter. 15 jars of jam - that should last me all year. I still have one jar left from last year even though I gave some away as gifts. I will make some rhubarb and ginger jam later in the summer.

   I bought a sweet pepper plant at half price on the way home from tennis today. It looks very healthy despite being so late in the season for plants. I may get another later. Still space in the vegetable patch for some other veggies if I can find them.

2 comments:

  1. Try Benadryl. You can get the generic medication if you prefer - it is always the little pink tablets. (used for allergies, etc.) When I get bitten badly, and am driven to distraction, two of those helps immensely. Watch how you react, for some people it makes them sleepy. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are less itchy today but thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete