Recipes

Translate

Thursday 18 May 2017

Probus Friends

   Hot again today, high of 29C, and the house did not cool down at all overnight. But it is only 22C indoors so quite comfortable. I had a walk early (for me - 9:00 a.m.) this morning and it was sunny but now it is very black and there could be a thunder storm. No, the sun's come back out!

   Probus meeting this morning - a very poor speaker. His subject was interesting but his delivery lacked any coherence or enthusiasm. Very disappointing! After the meeting I stayed behind to hear about arrangements for the Canada sesquicentennial (150th anniversary) celebrations. We are having a potluck lunch after the June meeting and I have promised to bring 60 sausage rolls! After the meeting Donna, Marilyn and I went for lunch - at least that was enjoyable. I had minestrone soup and crab cakes.

  Home for a nap and since then I have been checking the AGM report that I need to get printed this weekend. The AGM is next Thursday, followed by lunch.

   Fish for dinner again, with Brussel sprouts this time but it may be late as I am still not too hungry.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment