Recipes

Translate

Friday 2 September 2016

A Change For the Better

    After a great night's sleep I woke to cooler temperatures and no humidity. It was so pleasant on the tennis courts that I played 4 sets and didn't head home until almost noon. Everyone was commenting on how welcome the fresh weather was. The high today was 23C and the overnight temperature will be in the low 'teens. It was still warm enough for a swim but the pool will get progressively cooler this week. I may not be swimming for much longer.

   After lunch and a nap I watched some tennis from the US Open, read my book then cut the back grass. Then more tennis until it was time to fix dinner. So quite a busy, productive day.

   An interesting phone call yesterday. Someone with a foreign accent left me a message telling me to return their call or the police would be dispatched to arrest me! I presume it is one of these pesky scammers purporting to be calling from CRA. I'm just glad I wasn't home to take the call. I generally only answer calls from numbers I recognize anyway. I figure if it's important they will leave a message. Thank goodness for call display and answering machines!

No comments:

Post a Comment